Hear ye! Hear ye! I’ve changed the working title of my novel to what I hope is the final title of my novel. ANNIE’S DREAM is now ANNIE DREAMING.
As I near completion of ANNIE’S DREAM, I’m again pondering the title. Always a working title, recently I’ve been unable to entertain other titles I’ve had in mind. I continue to entertain the idea, however, of a different title… If you don’t mind, please answer the following:
- Does the title ANNIE’S DREAM entice you as a reader?
- Do you understand ANNIE’S DREAM is a companion or parallel novel to METAL MAN WALKING?
- What is your idea of a parallel/companion novel? Which descriptive word matches that idea? Parallel or Companion or neither?
- Do you prefer any of these other possible titles?
- A LOPSIDED MAN
- ANNIE DREAMING
- ANNIE-BELLE DREAMING
- SMALL ALLOWANCES
I realize you, as the uninitiated reader of these two Doorframe Books have little to no idea of their content. Those of you who have read (THANK YOU!) METAL MAN WALKING probably have a better idea.
I’d love to read your thoughts –
This morning I have 32,715 words written on ANNIE’S DREAM (working title) which is my companion novel to METAL MAN WALKING. The characters – Annabelle, Richard, Jim, Judith, Susan and Michael Lesser, the Holmes, Dave Pisstleton and others – have taken over. When my characters direct the words, I find I am a better author.
- Working Title: ANNIE’S DREAM (metalmanwalking.wordpress.com)
- Annie’s Dream (metalmanwalking.wordpress.com)